Job Function: Responsible for the achievement of the outlet business plan objectives and fulfilling the expectations of all stakeholders (owners, customers and employees). Provide leadership in evaluating, allocating and managing human, physical and financial resources for the outlet. Identifies and optimizes profitable growth of the outlet, the personal growth of employees and the satisfaction of the customers.
Will also be assigned functional responsibilities within the outlet including overseeing and participating in parts inventory activities and co-ordinating and prioritising staff duties, including Service personnel.
- Participate in the development of the business plan to identify and achieve profitable growth for the outlet.
- Execute the business plan to achieve financial performance and drive profitable growth for the outlet, including sales, budgets and cost controls according to the established goals.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all existing and new customers and resolve critical customer issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures that appropriate communication takes place within and across all departments at the outlet, which will include regular departmental and staff meetings.
- Communicate with other managers, including at Manager meetings, to ensure appropriate communication takes place across the entire business and ensure a consistent approach to implementing best practice policies, processes and changes within the business and its departments.
- Key participant in the recruitment, development, coaching and evaluation of employees at the outlet.
- Ensures successful planning and execution of the marketing activities and events.
- Oversee the maintenance, security and professional appearance of the outlet, including grounds.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in a retail environment
- 2+ years as a Parts or Service Manager or in an associated sales role
- Knowledge of horticultural equipment, both Home Owner and Commercial Turf Care equipment
- Experience dealing with critical customer issues
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Solid analytical, business planning, problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of financial analysis, marketing experience and a solid understanding of sales, parts and service operations