F G Adamson & Son is a major supplier of garden machinery / groundscare equipment in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire, supplying equipment & supporting maintenance & repair services to golf courses, local authorities, caravan parks, contractors, private estates & homeowners. Across our sites at Swanland, East Yorkshire and Langworth, Lincolnshire we currently employ approximately forty members of staff and now require to recruit an experienced Mobile Groundscare Service Technician to work from our Langworth Depot.
Job Description: we require a Mobile Groundscare Service Technician to perform diagnostics, service, repair & maintenance on customer and dealer owned, horticultural equipment. This will include service / repair of commercial turf cutting / maintenance equipment, compact tractors and utility vehicles from manufacturers, such as John Deere, Charterhouse and Trimax. Service and repair work will predominantly be done on customer sites, whilst also working within the Depot.
Product update training will be provided from leading manufacturers, including John Deere, enabling access and development through the industry recognised Land-Based Technician Accredited Scheme (LTA).
A van will be provided with this position.
· Perform diagnostics, service, repairs & maintenance on horticultural equipment
· Perform pre-delivery set-up on new or used equipment
· Complete administration tasks (including time sheets & job cards)
· Maintain a clean workstation at all times
· Follow all safety rules & regulations when working
· Participate in required training programmes for the development of skills & knowledge
Skills & Qualifications:
· 2+ years’ experience performing service, repairs & maintenance - ideally on horticultural equipment, but not essential as training will be given
· Ability to perform repairs & maintenance using special tools & equipment following approved technical procedures
· Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions and manufacturer applications, including computer diagnostic equipment
· Good customer relationship skills
· Ability to work alone on own initiative, whilst also in a team environment
· Ability to work extended hours and weekends
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org